Cracked heat exchanger releasing carbon monoxide

I am thankful to this day that my sister bought me a carbon monoxide detector for Christmas.

At first I hated the thought of such a practical gift.

It was ugly and pointless in my opinion. I still set it up because my sister insisted on it. Right away the detector started alerting me that I had dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. What is going on? After a bit of research I realized that the culprit was my furnace. I immediately got on the phone and called a Terrell, TX furnace repair company. I needed to have them resolve this problem right away. The Texas heating contractor came within the house, in-uniform, and wore foot coverings. He was so nice and friendly. The snag was that my heat exchanger actually had a crack in it. The crack then was releasing carbon monoxide into my home. Sadly the cost of a new heat exchanger is on par with a new furnace. So rather than do the furnace repair, I choose a replacement. The guy was great about working with me on pricing and getting me set up within the same business day. I ended up having a fully functional, brand new heater by the time 5 pm rolled around. The Terrell, Texas furnace business went above and beyond the call of duty. I was so thankful that my house is now safe and evenly heated. I can’t believe that I had dangerous gas rolling around my home. My sister is so smug that her gift worked and potentially saved my life. She will never let me live it down.

furnace repair terrell texas