$79 A/C Tune-Up Special
Well folks, it’s that time of year again when you should get our $79 a/c tune-up special. There are many reasons to tune-up your a/c system and the biggest one is to clean the coils. Now most companies use a foaming coil cleaner on the outdoor unit which displaces the dirt and grime that collects on these coils. Our Technicians will wash away all the dirt and your left with a cleaner more efficient coil. The other items we check are part of the checklist but first let’s be clear on another big controversy. Above all, some companies will put gauges on your system to ensure it has the right amount of refrigerant.
This is only necessary when there is an issue with your system. Keep in mind every time a service guy puts gauges on your system, they are removing small amounts of refrigerant. At some point you will need refrigerant and they are the ones causing it, and of course charging you yet again. How do you know if my system is charged if you don’t put gauges on? Well as long as the temperature difference is 18 degrees or more between supply and return temps, all is good. Now here is our general checklist that we use on a typical a/c tune-up for you to reference.
- Check Thermostat Operation
- Ensure a 18 Degree or better temperature difference
- Check all Capacitors and contactors.
- Ensure all wiring is good and tight.
- Check amperage draw on motor and compressor.
- Clean outdoor coils and indoor if accessible.
- Check air filter
- Inspect indoor unit for any leaks
- Advise any known conditions that may cause damage.
- Tag unit with info
- Make sure unit is operational before leaving.
Questions? drop us an email and we would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have!